What many people don’t realize is that winter is an excellent time for those home improvement projects. As work slows down, taking time off is much easier during the holiday season to finally get cracking on your home remodeling bucket list.
Don’t forget the holiday sales with massive discounts; those bargain deals make winter the perfect time to plan all your home improvement purchases. And if you need any professional help, you can often get things done much faster and at a better rate in winter. This is because many of these businesses face low customer demand for their services during this time of the year.
So if you’ve got some home improvement ideas that you’ve been putting off for a while, now is the best time to get started. If you’re not planning on traveling this winter, then get your tools out and plan to get busy. The effect it could have on boosting your home value will absolutely make it worth the while.
CONTENTS: Go Directly To Your Question Here, Or Continue Reading
- 1 What Home Improvements Bring the Most Value?
- 2 The Best Winter Home Improvement and Remodeling Ideas
- 3 Winter Home Improvement Essentials
- 4 To Sum It Up…
What Home Improvements Bring the Most Value?
Whether it’s winter or summer, there are many kinds of improvements you can make to your home. But if your goal is to increase the resell value of the property, then you need to first understand what to focus on.
Believe it or not, some projects simply will not give much of a boost to your home’s value considering the money and time they will cost you. Money is often spent on modifications that only serve to please the owners, but these hardly add any functional or aesthetic value to elevate the price of a property from a buyer’s perspective.
So, what home improvements could bring the most value to your property?
Spending on kitchen and bathroom remodeling can bring a ton of money in return. These are a top priority for any home buyer. There is a lot you can do to improve the functionality, accessibility, and design of your kitchen and bathroom, from the cabinets to the fixtures like the sink and taps.
Talking about aesthetics, composite stone veneers are also high in demand; they can instantly bump up the curb appeal with a touch of class to your home exterior. Wooden decks and high-end garage doors are also favored by many home buyers and will provide an impressive return on your investment.
But keep in mind that some of these home improvements, especially the outdoor ones, might not be possible during wintertime. But you can still make use of the bargain prices available during this season. This will help you plan ahead and significantly cut down costs by making those expensive purchases when the prices are low.
The Best Winter Home Improvement and Remodeling Ideas
Now let’s look at how you can get busy with your winter home improvement projects to give a much-needed boost to your home value. Of course, you might have to wait until spring before taking up those important outdoor projects. But the good news is there’s plenty of work you can do indoors to glam up the interior. And best of all, they will not cost a fortune.
So, let’s dive into our list of top ten home improvement and remodeling ideas for you to start this winter.
- Upgrade kitchen cabinet hardware. Changing the drawer knobs and door handles is a quick and easy way to give an instant fresh look to your kitchen cabinets. And it’s not going to cost you an arm and a leg either. Try gold color accessories for an upscale look or colorful ones to create a vibrant chic design. And if that doesn’t work for you, there are plenty of other options, from vintage brass to ultra-modern leather.
- Change the backsplash. This is another way to create a stylish kitchen in just a few hours. A new backsplash can immediately give a new life to an old kitchen space. Whether you’re thinking of a classic retro look, a flashy vibrant design, or a sleek and modern vibe, you can simply let your imagination run wild.
- Expand your kitchen storage space. This doesn’t mean you need to bring down walls and expand your kitchen. There are plenty of creative ways to make maximum use of your kitchen space. For example, you can attach hooks to the inner side of the cabinet doors, or better still, get a couple of DIY pegboards. Add some shelves to fill up empty wall spaces.
- Update the countertops. Winter is a great time to update your countertops to elevate your kitchen’s aesthetics. This is something that would usually need a bit of investment. But with the winter sales and heavy discounts, you can grab a good bargain that could significantly cut down your expenses.
- Get new faucets. Many homeowners pay very little attention to their kitchen and bathroom faucets. But they are one of those things that instantly get noticed by home buyers. No one wants to see dated faucets in a modern kitchen or bathroom. So why not make time to get them updated with new ones?
- Upgrade the laundry room. The laundry room is an often neglected area in a busy household. Everyone’s concerned about remodeling their kitchens, bathrooms, and living rooms, but never the laundry room. Yet it’s still part of your home and getting this space upgraded could add value to your interior in more ways than you may expect. Check how you can reorganize your laundry room to make it more functional. Put up some shelves to increase storage space and add some color with framed family photos or wallpaper to make it livelier.
- Change the light fixtures. With all the holiday discounts, this is the perfect time to grab those stylish light fixtures at bargain prices. This is a particularly great way to upgrade your kitchen, bathroom, or the living room interior and add some glamour with very little effort.
- Start painting. Many homeowners leave painting jobs for the sunny months, but winter is a great time to upgrade your interior with a coat of paint. The dry winter air means faster drying. Plus, if you’re planning on hiring a professional, it’ll be much cheaper due to the low demand for their services during winter.
- Crown molding. Crown molding can create an instant spark in the eyes of many home buyers. It’s another fabulous decorative touch that won’t cost you much, but will pay off when it’s time to sell your home. So why not get some crown molding for your home if you haven’t got them already? It’s the perfect home improvement project to take up during winter.
- Upgrade the smoke detectors. The holiday season means a lot of cooking and spending time indoors with family and friends. So making sure that your smoke detectors are in working condition is even more important during the winter months. Better still, why not get it upgraded to a newer version with added features? If this is something you’ve been putting off because of the high cost, winter is the best time to make those purchases at discounted rates.
Winter Home Improvement Essentials
If you’ve lined up some projects to keep yourself busy this winter, here are some essentials for you to stock up.
6Pcs Paint Roller Brush
This is the perfect option to do some high-quality painting work, whether you’re a pro or a newbie to painting. These roller brushes are super lightweight with a specially designed handle for a good grip, so you can comfortably spend a few hours painting without spraining your wrist.
It’s made with a special polyester material to help you paint surfaces more evenly. The material can also absorb more paint, which means faster and easier painting and, of course, less waste.
Looking at the impressive reviews, customers seem pretty happy with their purchases. But these brushes also seem best for painting smaller areas and those hard to reach awkward surfaces like narrow window sills. The adjustable handle is an added bonus to reach higher up spaces.
The set includes the roller tool and five 9-inch roller brushes, so you don’t need to worry about washing your brush after each use. You can simply toss it away and replace it with a new one. They’re also available in two other sizes—4 inches and 4.7 inches.
To learn more, click here.
Nordic Wall Sconce Lamps
If you want to upgrade your lighting fixtures with a vintage Nordic touch, then you’ve got to check out these lamps.
The high-quality copper wall scones come in seven colors to choose from and include the brass sockets, screws, and everything else needed to get them installed quickly. All you need to do is just handle the drill.
It works with edison or incandescent bulbs, and you can even use a dimmable bulb with a switch that goes with it. And best of all, it comes with a 5-year warranty and a 60-day refund and exchange policy.
To read reviews, click here.
Chalk Style Paint for Walls and Furniture by Country Chic
If you’re planning on giving a fresh look to your furniture during the holiday months, then you’ve got to try this chalk-style paint that comes in a range of cool colors.
It provides a long-lasting finish and is perfect for both indoor and outdoor work. It also dries up fast in just 30 minutes and will give a lovely matte look to your furniture.
This paint provides excellent coverage, so you can get more work done with a 32oz. can. It’s also eco-friendly and has little to no odor. Plus, there’s no need for a primer and topcoat since they are all built-in to this paint. There’s no real need for waxing either, unless you think it’s a must.
To see pricing, click here.
Peel and Stick Brown Marble Countertop Granite Wallpaper
This countertop peel-and-stick wallpaper is an excellent option to give your kitchen a hassle-free upgrade. It’s made from a high quality waterproof and anti friction vinyl, which is also eco-friendly and stands up pretty well against oil stains. It’s a great way to protect your kitchen surfaces from moisture and corrosion, as well as to hide any surface stains.
Based on some customer reviews, you could easily end up poking a few holes if you’re unfamiliar with using it. So remember to take your time when installing this self-adhesive vinyl.
Ready to buy? Click here.
Delta Faucet Nicoli Widespread Bathroom Faucet
This is a brushed nickel faucet that is guaranteed to transform your bathroom with a modern classy look. It’s a high quality product that comes with a lifetime warranty from Delta Faucet. It will not only look great in your bathroom but will also help you save water with Delta Faucet’s WaterSense design.
The faucet comes with the drain assembly, but you will need to buy the supply lines separately. If you’re planning on replacing your existing faucets, make sure to check the sizes before purchasing.
Like it? Click here to buy now.
To Sum It Up…
Many homeowners don’t realize the benefits of planning home improvement projects during winter. But it’s a great time to take some time off from your busy work schedule, and you also get to make use of those holiday sales and discounted prices. Plus, it’s the best way to free up your time when summer returns so you can get outdoors and enjoy those warm sunny days.
If you want to boost up your home’s resell value, then there’s no better time than winter to get started on those important home upgrades like remodeling your kitchen and giving a fresh coat of paint to your interior. With just a few simple changes, it’s easier than ever to revamp your home even during those cold winter months.
For even more home inspiration, check out Feng Shui Basics next!